Re: SkipDays [was: Feed Validator]

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 7, 2006
      --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Phil Ringnalda <philringnalda@...>
      wrote:
      > As Sam says, this is a simple binary decision: either repeating a day
      > or an hour is an error, and producers must not do it because consumers
      > will explode, or it is not an error, and producers must not explode.

      I think the double-day, double-hour use case falls into the area of
      "not a good idea, but not enough of a bad idea to require a SHOULD NOT
      in the spec."

      There are a lot of inadvisable uses that the spec could cover, like a
      100,000-character item description, 20,000-item channel, or a ttl set
      to 52560000.

      I'd hate to see us get too bogged down in this when there are bigger
      day-to-day issues for implementers. Can we table this use case for the
      moment? I'll add it to the to-do list, which I'll be publishing with
      the next draft.