Re: HTML Markup in RSS Documents

  • ecomputerd
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 4, 2006
      I'm not sure I'm following this conversation accurately. But I'd
      like to state that the confusion on how to interpret various
      elements in the specification would be greatly exascerbated
      if "SHOULD" is used. The specification must state clearly whether an
      element is HTML Markup or not. Any element could contain HTML, but
      if it is optional (e.g. "SHOULD") it must be distinguishable outside
      of the markup itself (e.g. an attribute specifying whether the text
      within the element is markup).

      Reading my response here, it seems like this should be obvious. So
      I'm sorry if this is an implicit (or expicit that I haven't read
      yet) understanding.

      Greg Smith
      Author, FeederReader

      --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:

      > rcade wrote:
      > > --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Sam Ruby <rubys@> wrote:
      > >
      > >>[lots of stuff on what a complex issue this is]
      > >
      > > Is it your belief that an author of an RSS document must be able
      > > express the content type of an element's character data (text or
      HTML)