Re: [rss-public] Winer's Comment

  • A. Pagaltzis
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 23, 2006
      * Clinton Gallagher <csgallagher@...> [2006-02-20 23:20]:
      >So there must be a "however" -- and I know you were all waiting
      >with baited breath for the 'however' right? :-) -- if we agree
      >to respect the road map and only [amend | change | modify |
      >update | clarify | whatever ] the documentation so as to
      >"clarify" without responding to the fact that certain elements
      >as implemented are in fact dysfunctional we will only needlessly
      >perpetuate that which is dysfunctional simply because we have
      >been too ashamed of our own shortcomings which do not allow us
      >to maturely accept change which must in fact be made anyhow
      >while pointing the finger at Dave Winer because after all, it
      >was all his fault anyway; noting for those with reading
      >comprehension deficits that I do not hold to that asinnine
      >conclusion but do support and advocate both the major and minor
      >premise from which it could improperly be drawn.

      Okay, it took me a long time to plow through your verbiage, but I
      think I finally got the gist.

      Basically, you’re saying that it is cowardly to let deficiencies
      in RSS 2.0 stand as they are in deference to Dave Winer’s wishes,
      despite the board knowing and having acknowledged that there are
      indeed deficiencies.

      >Nor do I appreciate it being left up to me to support this lie
      >when compelled to explain and rationalize to people I work with
      >or for who do not understand these facts when in the previous
      >breath I was asking them to trust me because I am a man of
      >character.

      Noone said it is forbidden for you to say that RSS 2.0 is broken,
      if that is your belief. Shout it from the rooftops, if you care
      to. You wouldn’t be the first.

      >Truth is the elephant. coo-coo ka choo.

      The truth is that RSS 2.0 is Dave Winer’s thing, and you can take
      it or leave it – it’s not going to change.

      Some people had complaints like yours, and since RSS 2.0 is
      Winer’s thing, they left it and made Atom. If you feel morally
      offended by having to use a format you consider broken, the
      choice is yours to leave RSS 2.0 as well.

      This is not the place to make RSS 2.0 into Atom. This is the
      place to make RSS 2.0 into more of RSS 2.0.

      So in closing, I say…

      “You must be new here.”

      Regards,