RSS Guide and CommentAPI (was Re: content:encoded)

  • ecomputerd
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 17, 2006
      There seems to be decent support for it. The biggest complaint I've
      gotten from people wanting to implement it is lack of Captcha (due to
      suspicions of blog spam). It would be fairly easy to extend the
      CommentAPI to include a Captcha, but I'm unsure how to popularize such
      an extension. I've found that a lot of people assume that readers of
      blogs/podcasts/videocasts are on the web at the time they are
      reading/listening/watching. For mobile "semi-connected" devices, that
      assumption is frequently invalid. I have support in FeederReader for
      comments, wfw:comment, and wfw:commentRss ("support" means showing a
      link, showing a form with "send" button, and allowing easy
      subscription, respectively). Often when I see one, I see all three.

      The biggest evidence for creators assuming web connection at the time
      of reading are:
      Embedded Flash video
      Summary Feeds requiring link to full text
      CommentAPI not supported

      Obviously, I am trying to change these assumptions with FeederReader.

      Greg Smith
      Author, FeederReader - The Pocket PC RSS Aggregator