Re: Which Channel Elements Can Be Multiple?

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2006
      I've updated the proposed spec to reflect that all channel and item
      children except for category can't be present more than once:

      In channel:

      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-draft-1#element-channel

      "The preceding elements must not be present more than once in a
      channel, with the exception of category."

      In item:

      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-draft-1#element-channel-item

      "The preceding elements must not be present more than once in an item,
      with the exception of category."

      The "preceding elements" phrase is intended to keep the spec from
      restricting namespaced elements unintentionally. Let me know if you
      think this resolves the issue properly.

      Note: This language would impact RSS implementors who concluded that
      the 2.0.1-rv-6 spec allows multiple enclosures per item.