The children of

  • Phil Ringnalda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2006
      draft-1 says of the rss element

      "This element is required and must contain only one child: a channel
      element."

      which strikes me as eminently reasonable, and unsupported by 2.0.1-rv6,
      which does require exactly one child channel element, but does not say
      that it must be the only child of the rss element, and says of
      extensions that

      "A RSS feed may contain elements not described on this page, only if
      those elements are defined in a namespace."

      without saying that they may only be children of either channel or item.

      The only non-channel extensions I've ever seen have been just
      explanations of RSS for stylesheets to show to browsers, which could
      just as easily go inside a channel, but it's still a
      backward-incompatible change.

      Phil Ringnalda
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2006
        --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Phil Ringnalda <philringnalda@g...>
        wrote:
        > draft-1 says of the rss element
        > "This element is required and must contain only one child: a channel
        > element."
        > which strikes me as eminently reasonable, and unsupported by 2.0.1-rv6,
        > which does require exactly one child channel element ...

        Corrected, thanks. Here's the revised rss section:

        This element is REQUIRED and MUST contain one child element: a channel
        element. The rss element MUST NOT contain more than one channel.

        http://www.rssboard.org/rss-draft-1#element-rss

        I incremented the draft to 1.01.

        Because this is just a proposal, I didn't save the old draft. Should I?