Media RSS feed length restrictions

  • nodquestions
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2010
      Hello!
      I am developing media RSS feed generator script to allow web indexers to get metadata and player locations of the videos on the web site. However, there are about a thousand of videos - with descriptions and other metadata such "united" feed of the whole site may have length of few megabytes. Usual RSS feeds are not so large, however I cannot find exact restriction of length in bytes / number of entries in XML Media RSS feed. Currently, the off-line script generates the Google video sitemap (also an XML) once per week. The file is large, and it's being "happily" indexed by Google. However Russian web indexer Yandex and also Yahoo suggest to use Media RSS format, instead. Should I generate lots of small Media RSS feeds "on the fly", separately for the every page of the site where video is presented, or a simplier approach of rewriting video sitemap generator to Media RSS generator (huge rss feed) will work?
      Thanks,
      Dmitriy