My Take on RSSCloud

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 8, 2009
      WordPress and Dave Winer are working on reviving RSSCloud as a means of RSS update notification. It's an interesting project, and I'm glad to see the attempt, but there's a reason cloud didn't catch on:

      http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3555
    • mark.woodman
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2009
        Rogers,

        Spent a lot of time thinking this one over. I think there are some best practices in the Ajax world that can make rssCloud work, but it would mean evolving the approach somewhat beyond what it is now.

        My reply was getting too long to put in a message board email, so I blogged it instead:

        http://techbrew.net/articles/200909/rsscloud-all-wet/

        - Mark

        --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <cadenhead@...> wrote:

        > WordPress and Dave Winer are working on reviving RSSCloud as a means of RSS update notification. It's an interesting project, and I'm glad to see the attempt, but there's a reason cloud didn't catch on:
        >
        > http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3555

      • randymorin
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2009
          Dave's response to Rogers and Mark.
          http://www.scripting.com/stories/2009/09/08/20022009.html

          IMHO, he didn't actually mention how he has overcome the limitations that Rogers and Mark have raised.
          http://www.therssweblog.com/?guid=20090908183007

          And there's more. I'll write more in the morning.

          Randy

          --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, "mark.woodman" <mark@...> wrote:

          > Rogers,
          >
          > Spent a lot of time thinking this one over. I think there are some best practices in the Ajax world that can make rssCloud work, but it would mean evolving the approach somewhat beyond what it is now.
          >
          > My reply was getting too long to put in a message board email, so I blogged it instead:
          >
          > http://techbrew.net/articles/200909/rsscloud-all-wet/
          >
          > - Mark
          >

          > --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, "rcade" <cadenhead@> wrote:
          > >
          > > WordPress and Dave Winer are working on reviving RSSCloud as a means of RSS update notification. It's an interesting project, and I'm glad to see the attempt, but there's a reason cloud didn't catch on:
          > >
          > > http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3555

        • Aristotle Pagaltzis
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
            * rcade <cadenhead@...> [2009-09-08 18:40]:
            > It's an interesting project

            It is?

            > http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3555

            Aggregators are passé anyway. It seems unlikely to me that this
            will be anything more than a flash in the pan.

            * randymorin <randy@...> [2009-09-09 03:35]:
            > IMHO

            Not just yours.

            > he didn't actually mention how he has overcome the limitations
            > that Rogers and Mark have raised.

            Surprise.

            Regards,