Re: RSS : a "namespace" in itself ?

    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 2, 2009
      I think there's two scenarios that exist with RSS vis-a-vis
      namespaces.
      -RSS elements in RSS documents
      -RSS elements in other XML documents

      1. RSS elements in RSS documents

      These RSS element are not in a namespace. This inevitably brings
      about debate. Some suggest that there is some sort of null XML
      namespace, but nobody has ever shown me where this is defined. Please
      do call me on this.

      2. RSS elements in other XML documents

      Nobody has ever made any formal proposal on this. The closest we ever
      came was PSS, which I'm unsure if it was a joke, but Dave Winer never
      moved it forward.
      http://www.ibt4im.com/?guid=20030615083037

      I think it's time to proposal PSS for adoption by the RSS Advisory
      Board in order to clarify use of RSS in other XML documents.

      Thoughts and criticism welcome and wanted.

      Randy
      http://www.therssweblog.com

      Message 42 of 42 , Feb 12, 2009
        Awesome! I think then that most of us are in agreement, we just need
        to decide whether to go with the userland or rssboard namespace. I'm
        going to start a brand new thread (this one is too loud to follow).

        Randy