Re: FriendFeed's Simple Update Protocol

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
      --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:
      > Neither place any limits on the number of atom:link elements in such
      > contexts. Atom links with a rel="self" are already commonplace in
      > RSS 2.0 feeds.

      True. But the documentation for SUP doesn't say that RSS publishers
      should use atom:link in their feeds to define a provider. The docs
      just say to add a link tag.
    • Charles Iliya Krempeaux
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
        Hello

        On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 8:45 AM, rcade <cadenhead@...> wrote:
        > After posting I found an alternative idea employed by Six Apart -- an
        > update stream in Atom format with updates from any TypePad or Vox blog:
        >
        > http://updates.sixapart.com/
        >
        > There's also something Radio UserLand does -- a channel-category tag:
        >
        > <category
        > domain="http://rpc.weblogs.com/shortChanges.xml">rssUpdates>/category>
        >
        > The domain is a changes.xml file on a Weblogs.Com-style ping server.

        Seems like quite the hack.

        --
        Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
        http://changelog.ca/
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
          rcade wrote:
          > Are you aware of any IRI-based relationships that are currently in use
          > employing atom:link in feeds?

          I know Google uses IRI-based relationships in number of their feeds. Have a
          look on Google calendar and Picasa for some examples.

          Not that I'd necessarily recommend anything that Google is doing, but if
          you're just looking for examples...