Re: [rss-public] FriendFeed's Simple Update Protocol

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
      rcade wrote:

      > Also, neither RSS 1.0 nor RSS 2.0 allows multiple channel-link tags,
      > so this would only be valid in an Atom feed.

      Neither place any limits on the number of atom:link elements in such
      contexts. Atom links with a rel="self" are already commonplace in RSS
      2.0 feeds.

      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
        --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:
        > Neither place any limits on the number of atom:link elements in such
        > contexts. Atom links with a rel="self" are already commonplace in
        > RSS 2.0 feeds.

        True. But the documentation for SUP doesn't say that RSS publishers
        should use atom:link in their feeds to define a provider. The docs
        just say to add a link tag.
      • Charles Iliya Krempeaux
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
          Hello

          On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 8:45 AM, rcade <cadenhead@...> wrote:
          > After posting I found an alternative idea employed by Six Apart -- an
          > update stream in Atom format with updates from any TypePad or Vox blog:
          >
          > http://updates.sixapart.com/
          >
          > There's also something Radio UserLand does -- a channel-category tag:
          >
          > <category
          > domain="http://rpc.weblogs.com/shortChanges.xml">rssUpdates>/category>
          >
          > The domain is a changes.xml file on a Weblogs.Com-style ping server.

          Seems like quite the hack.

          --
          Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.
          http://changelog.ca/
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 7, 2008
            rcade wrote:
            > Are you aware of any IRI-based relationships that are currently in use
            > employing atom:link in feeds?

            I know Google uses IRI-based relationships in number of their feeds. Have a
            look on Google calendar and Picasa for some examples.

            Not that I'd necessarily recommend anything that Google is doing, but if
            you're just looking for examples...