Re: Feed Validator reports "misplaced item", seems wrong to me

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 21, 2008
      --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, Sam Ruby <rubys@...> wrote:
      > Exactly right. If I'm misinterpreting the RSS Profile, let me know
      > and I will correct the feedvalidator. Meanwhile all the
      > feedvalidator is attempting to do is passing along the recommendation.

      You're interpreting the profile correctly. It has this recommendation
      in the Channel section:

      "All item elements SHOULD appear after all of the other elements in a
      channel."

      http://www.rssboard.org/rss-profile#element-channel

      As I recall, the reason for this advice is that some RSS consuming
      tools have trouble with channel elements that appear after item
      elements. They don't look for them, because the programmer made the
      incorrect assumption that no channel elements can appear after the
      first item.