Re: [rss-public] RSS Draft 1.06 Change Notes

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10 10:19 AM
      rcade wrote:
      > RSS Draft 1.06 Change Notes
      >
      > 1. The permitted characters in a textInput name are spelled out
      >
      > A sentence has been added: "The name MUST begin with a letter and
      > contain only these characters: the letters A to Z in either case,
      > numeric digits, colons (":"), hyphens ("-"), periods (".") and
      > underscores ("_")."
      >
      > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-draft-1#element-channel-textinput-name
      >
      > The name element provides the name of an HTML form component. For this
      > reason, it has to follow the rules in HTML for form component names.
      > This was not spelled out in previous specs, but I think the rule has
      > been implicit in the requirement for name, since name MUST name a form
      > component.

      Thanks! Given clear spec text like that, I've cheerfully changed the
      test case, and added both validation code to enforce this and helpful
      documentation to provide guidance, which links to the relevant portion
      of the specification for additional detail.

      This change should go online later this evening.