Re: [rss-public] Re: Help Improve Yahoo Groups RSS Feeds

  • Greger
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 16, 2007
      On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 14:51:04 -0000, rcade wrote
      > --- In rss-public@yahoogroups.com, "James Holderness" <j4_james@...>
      > wrote:
      > > Agreed, but trying to fix the titles is a no-win situation. As much
      > as I
      > > hate to say it, this is one of the few situations where Atom feeds
      > might be
      > > more appropriate.
      >
      > When you need an explicit content model, Atom's the way to go.
      >
      > The RSS profile suggests using hexadecimal character references for <, >
      > and & in plain text elements:
      >
      > http://www.rssboard.org/rss-profile#data-types-characterdata
      >
      > Wouldn't that work for Yahoo in this situation?
      1)if you want I can make a custom client with feed type just th eway you want it,
      2)as yahoo id's are tied to an email address, why not use that address<=>id relation and use the email addresses instead of ids?

      --
      http://www.gregerhaga.net/
      http://hack-space.biz/

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 18 9:34 PM
        I just got an e-mail from Yahoo indicating that the suggestion to
        improve the RSS 2.0 feeds for Yahoo Groups has been implemented.
        Authors are now identified using dc:creator instead of author.

        I tried this group's feed in the Feed Validator and it passed.

        Suggestion thread:

        http://suggestions.yahoo.com/detail/?fid=7592&prop=groups