542Re: [rss-public] RFC822 date support

    Mar 21, 2006
      Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
      > Just out of curiousity, do you have a list of the "standard libraries" for
      > handling these types of dates?

      I'm afraid not. I know PHP has a strtotime function which I believe is
      supposed to be capable of parsing RFC822 dates. In .NET you should be able
      to use DateTime.ParseExact with the "r" format. I would expect languages
      like python and perl would have similar functions or libraries with
      equivalent functionality. I do most of my development in low level C++ and
      assembler, though, so my knowledge of libraries is pretty much zero.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic