Media RSS Unit Tests?

  • Ryan Parman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2007
      I'm in the process of building Media RSS support into what will become
      SimplePie 1.0 (simplepie.org). I was wondering if there were any unit
      tests available? I was looking for something along similar lines to
      Mark Pilgrim's unit tests for Universal Feed Parser
      (http://feedparser.org/tests/).

      Is there any such thing?
    • Abdul Qabiz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
        Hi,

        You can look at unit-tests of ROME MediaRSS module. It's in java but you
        might get more cases.

        -abdul

        Ryan Parman wrote:

        > I'm in the process of building Media RSS support into what will become
        > SimplePie 1.0 (simplepie.org). I was wondering if there were any unit
        > tests available? I was looking for something along similar lines to
        > Mark Pilgrim's unit tests for Universal Feed Parser
        > (http://feedparser.org/tests/ <http://feedparser.org/tests/>).
        >
        > Is there any such thing?

      • Ryan Parman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2007
          The ROME site is a bit difficult to navigate. Do you have a direct URL?

          Ideally, I'd prefer something where I get a sample feed, and then
          instructions on what the expected output should be. That way, we can
          add it to our automated unit testing system.

          http://php5.simplepie.org/trunk/test/test.php

          --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, Abdul Qabiz <mail@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > You can look at unit-tests of ROME MediaRSS module. It's in java but
          you
          > might get more cases.
          >
          > -abdul
          >
          > Ryan Parman wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm in the process of building Media RSS support into what will become
          > > SimplePie 1.0 (simplepie.org). I was wondering if there were any unit
          > > tests available? I was looking for something along similar lines to
          > > Mark Pilgrim's unit tests for Universal Feed Parser
          > > (http://feedparser.org/tests/ <http://feedparser.org/tests/>).
          > >
          > > Is there any such thing?

        • Abdul Qabiz
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2007
            Hi,

            Rome requires you to register and then you can check out the code. I am
            sure, feedvalidator.org also has loads of unit-tests?

            -abdul