Re: [rss-media] how to get "media" layout by default

  • Abdul Qabiz
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2007
      AFAIK, Media RSS doesn't specify any layout. It's just talks about
      media, metadata etc.

      MY! might be doing things because it might be programmed that way...

      You can also detect media module and do such things...

      -abdul

    • apdil@pobox.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2007
        Thanks for responding.

        Yes, I understand that MY! works the way it does
        because it's programmed that way. :) What I don't
        understand is how MY! makes its decision based
        on content. For example, I thought maybe if the
        media content were "image/jpeg" then MY! would
        put it in the media layout... MY! has to be looking
        at SOMETHING in the RSS file, unless it specifically
        knows that, eg, Dilbert, goes in the media layout
        because Dilbert is registered with MY!

        -Paul
      • Abdul Qabiz
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2007
          Yup! There can be some (layout) algorithm which decides the place for
          different content-type and it is also possible there is a list.

          -abdul

          apdil@... wrote:

          > Thanks for responding.
          >
          > Yes, I understand that MY! works the way it does
          > because it's programmed that way. :) What I don't
          > understand is how MY! makes its decision based
          > on content. For example, I thought maybe if the
          > media content were "image/jpeg" then MY! would
          > put it in the media layout... MY! has to be looking
          > at SOMETHING in the RSS file, unless it specifically
          > knows that, eg, Dilbert, goes in the media layout
          > because Dilbert is registered with MY!
          >
          > -Paul

        • Abdul Qabiz
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2007
            Hi,

            I am making a client to for Media RSS feeds. I am wondering, if there is
            a place where I can find all media-rss feed listed.

            Currently, I am searching and opening individual sites to see if it has
            MRSS module... I found couple of RSS directories but there are too many
            feeds, it's hard to verify manually..

            Does any of search engine just return result with media-rss module ?

            Thanks

            -abdul
          • Abdul Qabiz
            Message 5 of 6 , May 26, 2007