RE: [videoblogging] Re: MyHeavy.com Disregarding Vlogger CC Licenses

  • WWWhatsup
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
      Mike Hudack wrote:
      >They have disabled their aggregation functionality entirely for the time
      >being. I just got off the phone with their CEO, who was very contrite.
      >We'll be meeting with them next week to figure out how to do this right,
      >and allow people to opt in and out from blip using MediaRSS.

      Presumably this will be a tag anyone can use?

      There is no licence tag in MediaRSS at present right?

      joly

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2007
        Not a big fan of cross-posting, but for those just on this mailing
        list, there's a question about using Creative Commons licenses in the
        videoblogging group.

        <media:copyright>

        "Copyright information for media object. It has 1 optional attribute.

        <media:copyright
        url="http://blah.com/additional-info.html">2005 FooBar
        Media</media:copyright>

        url is the url for a terms of use page or additional copyright
        information. If the media is operating under a Creative Commons
        license, the Creative Commons module should be used instead. It is an
        optional attribute."

        Also, example #2 in the specification shows how you would embed the
        license using the CC module.

        And as someone noted on the videoblogging group, you can also use the
        media:restriction element -- however effective that is.