RE: [rss-media] Announcing RSS feeds on Google Video (alpha)

  • WWWhatsup
    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 3, 2006

      >----------

      I took my vids via rss at
      http://video.google.com/videofeed?type=search&q=punkcast&num=20&output=rss
      into feedburner, looks like this:
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleVideo-Punkcast and then posted
      that to the videoblgging group on yahoo.

      I got the following response from the folks at mefeedia.com

      Thanks for posting this Joly.

      I see from looking at your feed that feedburner is not turning any
      of the media RSS elements into a standard RSS 2.0 enclosure, so I'm
      guessing your feed won't work in iTune, Fireant or any other video
      aggregator that doesn't support Media RSS.

      Just for the heck of it I decided to try to put it through Mefeedia.
      I would appear mefeedia does recognize the first media RSS specified
      item which is Flash, but due to google's extremely long urls
      mefeedia truncates teh url causeing it to be useless.

      I'm recommending to Peter and devlon that we add support for
      google's longer urls and in the future we will hopefully at some
      point in the future mefeedia will have full support for alternative
      media RSS specified formats like MP4 and WMV so that a user can
      choose their preferred format.

      -Mike

      WWWhatsup NYC
    • googlerssmedia
      Message 2 of 26 , Apr 5, 2006
        Just an update to mention that a few bugs have been fixed and an
        <enclosure> tag has been added (currently only providing the iPod
        download). Again, let us know what we can do to make these feeds even
        more useful. Links to feed URLs (on the search results and other
        pages of the site) will be coming soon!

        Thanks!

        - Google Video engineering team

        http://video.google.com/videofeed?type=search&q=type%3Agpick&num=20&output=rss

        > In both cases, the "num" parameter can take any value from 1 to 100.
        >
        > In the case of search, the "q" parameter is the search query, and so
        > can be anything you might see in a Google Video search URL.
        > Furthermore, any other parameters that are accepted by Google Video
        > search (e.g. for sort order) can be used here.
        >
        > Please respond to this post with any feedback you may have.
        >
        > Thanks for your help and for your interest in Google Video!
        >
        > - The Google Video team

      • WWWhatsup
        Message 3 of 26 , Apr 5, 2006
          Yes

          Interesting if not as neat in feedburner:
          http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleVideo-Punkcast

          I've been having trouble btw uploading in my usual mp4
          flavor (h.264/AAC) - it doesn't authenticate - did you guys
          change something?

          joly

          At 08:08 PM 4/5/2006, you wrote:
          >Just an update to mention that a few bugs have been fixed and an
          ><enclosure> tag has been added (currently only providing the iPod
          >download). Again, let us know what we can do to make these feeds even
          >more useful. Links to feed URLs (on the search results and other
          >pages of the site) will be coming soon!
          >
          >Thanks!
          >
          >- Google Video engineering team

          WWWhatsup NYC
        • Cameron Knowlton
          Message 4 of 26 , Apr 18, 2006
            Re: Announcing RSS feeds on Google Video (alpha)
            Is is yet possible to submit media rss video feeds for Google Video?

            thanks folks,
            cameron

            Cameron Knowlton
            iGods Internet Marketing
            cameronk@...
            www.igods.com
            P: 250.382.0226

            --

          • WWWhatsup
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 21, 2006
              AFAIK Cameron, no. One has to upload each vid individually using the
              Google uploader.

              I have been having problems with this myself. After working fine for several vids, it
              now refuses to 'authenticate' anything I throw at it.

              joly

              At 04:11 PM 4/18/2006, you wrote:
              >Is is yet possible to submit media rss video feeds for Google Video?
              >
              >thanks folks,
              >cameron

              >Cameron Knowlton
              >iGods Internet Marketing