MRSS Reader for Testing

  • thinkinfella
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1 12:24 PM
      Hi,

      I'm a developer who's looking to use media rss to syndicate a
      potentially *large* number of videos produced by the non-profit
      company I work for. I understand xml and the mrss specifications, but
      I've become very frustrated trying to test our feed and the video
      display/functionality (we use a fairly complex page embedding scheme).
      Are there any good mrss capable readers out there? Should I use both
      the <enclosure> tag and the <media:> tags to cover all my bases?

      I need to make sure my feed is 99% perfect before I submit it to
      Yahoo! video search. Any help from this list is appreciated.

      Thanks, Jeremy
    • James Housley
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 12:48 PM
        On Mar 1, 2006, at 3:24 PM, thinkinfella wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm a developer who's looking to use media rss to syndicate a
        > potentially *large* number of videos produced by the non-profit
        > company I work for. I understand xml and the mrss specifications, but
        > I've become very frustrated trying to test our feed and the video
        > display/functionality (we use a fairly complex page embedding scheme).
        > Are there any good mrss capable readers out there? Should I use both
        > the <enclosure> tag and the <media:> tags to cover all my bases?
        >
        > I need to make sure my feed is 99% perfect before I submit it to
        > Yahoo! video search. Any help from this list is appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks, Jeremy

        The Beta of FeedForAll Mac 2.0 supports the Yahoo Media RSS
        extension. It is a generator and not a reader, but I would be
        interested in looking at your feed to see how I handle it, if you
        don't mind.

        Jim

        --

        /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign .