RE: [rss-media] Re: Is there a sample RSS you can send?

  • Allister Blanco
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006

      Ok so I have a dumb question. I resaved the file as xml cdgvideo.xml and it renders and the RSS validator says it is OK as an RSS feed. I submitted this to yahoo video search again last week.

      I notice your file is saved as htm file extension. Does this matter to Yahoo if it is .xml or .htm in the RSS media submission. I don’t have the capability to create the definitions folder for the xml so I can save as a .htm.

      thanks

      allister blanco

      Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 02:04:44 GMT
      Server: <<snipped>>
      Last-Modified: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:35:40 GMT
      ETag: "5a8175-298-43b2ccec"
      Accept-Ranges: bytes

      mine as a counter example...
      % getURL www.hav.com /nph-cg_RSSfeed_01y.htm
      GET http://www.hav.com/nph-cg_RSSfeed_01y.htm HTTP/1.0

      HTTP/1.1 200 OK
      Date: Wed Dec 28 19:08:38 CST 2005
      Expires: 09 Apr 2000 17:22:02 GMT
      Server: <<snipped>>
      P3P: policyref="/w3c/p3p.xml", CP="NOI DSP COR NID ADMa DEVa OUR NOR
      COM NAV INT OTC"
      Connection: close