Re: [rss-media] Shipwreck Central video blog

  • Michael Sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
      hi,
      first, you should immediately stop embedding so many clips onto one
      page. That is extremely bad on etiquette and bandwidth on your end as
      well as users as you are basically forcing everyone to download
      multiple clips upon page visit.
      Try popup windows until your player is built. refer to
      videoblogging.info articles.

      as for enclosures, some rss aggregators will only download the first
      enclosure file whilst others allow multiple downloads. So, you should
      consider using one format just for that reason alone.... and if not,
      you may need to create 2 feeds, one for each format...
      Although, in the rss item description, you can add a link to
      alternative format and use enclosure for the more cross-compatible mp4
      or mov format. The rss readers will parse the descriptions so users
      will see the alt download link and can manually grab it if they choose
      to.

      good luck and touch back with updates.

      sull

      --