AW: [rss-media] Re: Comments on 0.92

  • Markus Strickler
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2005
      >-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

      I like inline XHTML because then I don't have to use CDATA :-) CDATAs as well as double escaping tend to give you lots of headaches
      if you use XSL transformations, especially in situations where you have several of them in a row.

      >I really feel gross about allowing inline XHTML without escaping it
      >or CDATA'ing it. And as someone else questioned, is that even allowed
      >in RSS?

      As far as media rss is concerned there's nothing in the rss 2 specs that prevent it.

      mind that this applies to

      and NOT to

      >I certainly understand that the guy hacking this together, doesn't
      >always understand such things as escaping/etc, but I think it's
      >another one of those religious arguments about whether you allow
      >people to break your spec and still process it - or you hemorrhage
      >violently.

      As clients have to support the way it is done for RSS 2.0 descriptions anyway, it might actually be a a good idea not to mention the
      inline XHTML option and thus confuse people even more as is already the case....

      -markus