Re: Coexistence with Atom ?

  • sa3ruby
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 24, 2005
      --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, "Marc Canter" <marc@b...> wrote:

      > I vote to support AS MANY ways possible to stay in sync with Atom.
      >
      > This is critical.
      >
      > Sam perhaps you could comment on other ways of staying in sync with
      Atom?

      I don't really see much more as necessary. However, for completeness,
      some consistency in the names of attributes might be worth considering.

      Instead of url, atom uses href.
      Instead of fileSize, atom uses length.

      Again, not necessary.

      > Does Atom wanna get into keeping track and officiate over all these
      > extensions and schemas or just let the 'marketplace decide'?
      >
      > :-)

      Keep track? yes.
      Officiate? no.

      Keeping track could be as formal as an IANA registry, or as informal
      as a wiki page. Either way, I want there to be a central place where
      people can go to find out about other extensions.

      > - marc
      >
      > YES - Atom has a place for extensions/namespaces. So my question to
      Sam is:
      > "Atom's role in these extensions?" (i.e. do they care about the
      shit going
      > through the pipe?)

      Different consumers may care about different things. Tim tends to
      look at things at a very low level.

      - Sam Ruby