Media RSS Moves to RSS Advisory Board

  • Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
      The RSS Advisory Board has voted 8-0 to become the custodian of the Media RSS specification:

      http://www.rssboard.org/media-rss

      The above link is a draft copy of the current version of the spec that still requires some proofreading. Your help would be appreciated.

      The namespace declaration will remain http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/ even though the board is now publishing the spec.

      While I was preparing the document, I fixed some typos, HTML markup errors and two examples that did not follow the spec. I also added the geoRSS namespace declaration to the last example.

      The specification now has a Table of Contents and internal links to each element, making it easier to refer to them here on RSS-Media and elsewhere:

      http://www.rssboard.org/media-rss#table-of-contents

      One thing I could not fix involves this line in the Change Notes:

      "Modified ????? to have a URL attribute for better module consistency."

      I can't find an older version of the spec that indicates which element was modified to add a URL attribute.

      On behalf of the board, I'd like to thank Sapna Chandiramani and the other members of Yahoo who have worked on the spec for the past five years.

      One thing that is not moving is RSS-Media. This will still be the place to ask questions, offer feedback and discuss implementations of the namespace.
    • David
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
        Congratulations!

        Regarding the "???" in the change notes: I went and looked at the original 1.0.0 file and had this:

        "Modified <media:thumbnail> to have a url attribute for better module consistency."

        That element name was inadvertently deleted in 1.1.1 release.
      • Rogers
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
          --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, "David" <daviddhall@...> wrote:
          > Congratulations!

          Thanks. I'm looking forward to digging further into this. The first thing I'd like to do is make sure the Feed Validator can validate all of the Media RSS elements.

          > "Modified <media:thumbnail> to have a url attribute for better module consistency."

          Fixed. Where did you find a copy of the 1.0.0 specification?