Re: Enhanced spec for Review

  • randymorin
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 10, 2009
      Sapna,
      That's awesome to hear. Looks like Rogers has beat me to the punch, yet again. I'm getting old :(
      Thanks,

      Randy

      --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, "sapnach" <sapna@...> wrote:

      > Hi Randy,
      >
      > Like I mentioned earlier, I don't think anyone at Yahoo! would have an issue with this transfer. If this group is in agreement that that is their preference, then we can start the process.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Sapna
      >

      > --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, "randymorin" <randy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Let me add my voice to Ryan's proposal to transfer the spec to the RSS Advisory Board.
      > > It's nice to see some people at Yahoo! taking an interest, but what happens when this group moves on as Jeremy did. The spec after Jeremy appeared to have no ownership at Yahoo! and went thru some hard times where nobody even knew what the namespace was or who to contact about clarification.
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Randy Charles Morin
      > > Chairman of The RSS Advisory Board
      > > http://www.rssboard.org/
      > >
      > > --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, "nilesh_gattani" <nileshg@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi all,
      > > >
      > > > Please do let us know your feedback by end of the next week so that we can freeze on the revised spec and publish it.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > > -Nilesh

    • Sapna Chandiramani
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 11, 2009
        Re: [rss-media] Re: Enhanced spec for Review I don’t have a date yet, but can have one by next week.

        Before we start this process, I would like consensus from this group that moving this to the RSS Board is indeed what they want.

        Let me know if you would like to set up a poll for that, or if someone has a better idea.

        Thanks,
        Sapna

        On 9/10/09 10:35 PM, "rcade" <cadenhead@...> wrote:

        --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com <mailto:rss-media%40yahoogroups.com> , "sapnach" <sapna@...> wrote:
        > Like I mentioned earlier, I don't think anyone at Yahoo! would have
        > an issue with this transfer. If this group is in agreement that that
        > is their preference, then we can start the process.

        Sounds good. I'm drafting a proposal with Ryan Parman, another member of the RSS Advisory Board who is active here on RSS-Media, regarding this possibility. I hope to have it posted today or tomorrow, which will begin a two-week period on our mailing lists [1, 2] where we discuss and vote on the proposal.

        Do you have a target date for when Media RSS 1.5 will be finalized and published?

      • Cameron Knowlton
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 11, 2009
          At 2:25 PM +0530 09/09/11, Sapna Chandiramani wrote:

          >I don't have a date yet, but can have one by next week.
          >
          >Before we start this process, I would like consensus from this group that moving this to the RSS Board is indeed what they want.
          >
          >Let me know if you would like to set up a poll for that, or if someone has a better idea.
          >
          >Thanks,
          >Sapna

          Good god, Jim, just get it moving!

          Kudos to your and your team, and everyone here, for getting the momentum going while still maintaining a grass roots approach.

          I see great things in the future with MRSS.

          cheers.
          Cameron Knowlton
          iGods Internet Marketing
          cameronk@...
          www.igods.com
          P: 250.382.0226
        • Ryan Parman
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 11, 2009
            I'm in favor. :)

            --
            Ryan Parman

            On Sep 11, 2009, at 2:54 AM, Cameron Knowlton wrote:

            At 2:25 PM +0530 09/09/11, Sapna Chandiramani wrote:

            >I don't have a date yet, but can have one by next week.
            >
            >Before we start this process, I would like consensus from this group that moving this to the RSS Board is indeed what they want.
            >
            >Let me know if you would like to set up a poll for that, or if someone has a better idea.
            >
            >Thanks,
            >Sapna

            Good god, Jim, just get it moving!

            Kudos to your and your team, and everyone here, for getting the momentum going while still maintaining a grass roots approach.

            I see great things in the future with MRSS.

            cheers.
            --
            ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------
            Cameron Knowlton

          • rcade
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 14, 2009
              --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, Sapna Chandiramani <sapna@...> wrote:
              > Before we start this process, I would like consensus from this group
              > that moving this to the RSS Board is indeed what they want.

              The proposal we're drafting for the RSS Advisory Board would be for the move to occur after the final publication of Media RSS 1.5. So that gives you time to ensure that the members of rss-media want the move to take place.

              Once our proposal is posted, our board will take two weeks to discuss it and vote on it.

              If it turned out that the move wasn't supported here, we could just withdraw our proposal.
            • rcade
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 16, 2009
                I'm having trouble contacting Ryan Parman and Sapna Chandiramani via email -- apparently I don't have current email addresses for either of you.

                If you could contact me via the form here ...

                http://workbench.cadenhead.org/email

                ... I'll send you the draft of the proposal.
              • Sapna Chandiramani
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 16, 2009
                  Spec Publish Date (ver 1.5) Hi Folks,

                  We’ll have the spec published and available on our site by Oct 8th 2009.

                  Thanks,
                  Sapna