Re: [rss-media] Specification currently lists the wrong namespace

  • Ryan Parman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
      It looks like Yahoo once again arbitrarily changed the spec without telling anybody.

      As of the last update that anybody was aware of, we had:

      03/12/2008 - Namespace corrections: [1.1.2]

      • Added trailing slash to namespace

      The correct namespace *should* be exactly what you posted. Apparently, Yahoo thought it'd be a good idea to change the namespace again and break all sorts of parsing software. It is embarrassing how badly they've bungled this spec.

      Once upon a time it fell to Jeremy Zawdony, but he's left Yahoo since then. From what I can tell, nobody at Yahoo is paying attention to this spec.

      On Jul 20, 2009, at 8:20 AM, James Abley wrote:

      Hi,

      I'm putting http://search. yahoo.com/ mrss/ into my browser, which used to display the spec and have the correct namespace on the page. At the moment, I'm getting a 302 back to

      Location: http://video. search.yahoo. com/mrss

      and that URL is used as the namespace URI in the rendered specification.

      Anyone else noticed this and know who to raise it with? I don't want any more ambiguity in the world as to the correct namespace URI for this extension!

      Cheers,

      James

    • Joly MacFie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
        Earlier discussion:

        Yahoo's neglect is a shame. Wasn't there some talk of moving it out of their control?

        joly

        On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Ryan Parman <ryan.lists.warpshare@...> wrote:

[...]

        Joly MacFie  917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
        WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com