Specification currently lists the wrong namespace

  • James Abley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm putting http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/ into my browser, which used to display the spec and have the correct namespace on the page. At the moment, I'm getting a 302 back to

      Location: http://video.search.yahoo.com/mrss

      and that URL is used as the namespace URI in the rendered specification.

      Anyone else noticed this and know who to raise it with? I don't want any more ambiguity in the world as to the correct namespace URI for this extension!

      Cheers,

      James
    • Ryan Parman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
        It looks like Yahoo once again arbitrarily changed the spec without telling anybody.

        As of the last update that anybody was aware of, we had:

        03/12/2008 - Namespace corrections: [1.1.2]

        • Added trailing slash to namespace

        The correct namespace *should* be exactly what you posted. Apparently, Yahoo thought it'd be a good idea to change the namespace again and break all sorts of parsing software. It is embarrassing how badly they've bungled this spec.

        Once upon a time it fell to Jeremy Zawdony, but he's left Yahoo since then. From what I can tell, nobody at Yahoo is paying attention to this spec.

        On Jul 20, 2009, at 8:20 AM, James Abley wrote:

        Hi,

        I'm putting http://search. yahoo.com/ mrss/ into my browser, which used to display the spec and have the correct namespace on the page. At the moment, I'm getting a 302 back to

        Location: http://video. search.yahoo. com/mrss

        and that URL is used as the namespace URI in the rendered specification.

        Anyone else noticed this and know who to raise it with? I don't want any more ambiguity in the world as to the correct namespace URI for this extension!

        Cheers,

        James

      • Joly MacFie
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 20, 2009
          Earlier discussion:

          Yahoo's neglect is a shame. Wasn't there some talk of moving it out of their control?

          joly

          On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Ryan Parman <ryan.lists.warpshare@...> wrote:

[...]

          Joly MacFie  917 442 8665 Skype:punkcast
          WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com