Re: Attn: Yahoo - Media RSS Spec is still wrong about trailing slash

  • rcade
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 1, 2008
      --- In rss-media@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Parman
      <ryan.lists.warpshare@...> wrote:
      > I would agree that Yahoo made a mess of Media RSS. Last I heard about
      > this issue, the spec was going to be moved to the RSS Advisory Board,
      > although I don't believe that's happened yet. (Surprise, surprise)

      In my experience, it can take a while to get things like this done.
      The RSS Advisory Board's deal with Netscape to become caretaker of RSS
      0.90 and RSS 0.91 took more than a year.

      I sent an email today to see if Yahoo is interested in having the
      board take over as caretaker of the namespace. We've gotten a positive
      response from some people at the company, but it hasn't gone further
      than that yet.
    • Prabhanjan G
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 2, 2008
        Ryan, and Lucas, please let me know if I could be of any help. I just really have no connections with RSS advisory board, but could help in moving this to seperate domain etc.

        PJ
        Genwi.

        Ryan, I wouldn't wait for Yahoo to respond. If I were you I would read
        Yahoo's inaction so far as a "no". Just take the initiative.

        I say this based on inside knowledge of how the company works,
        particularly with regard to internet standards and open sourcing.

        The spec is unlikely to survive if you wait for a response.