Re: [rss-media] Fotothing.com and Media RSS

  • Danny Ayers
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:58:22 +0000, Dom Ramsey <dom@...> wrote:

      > This will all be more useful when I introduce tags & groups onto the
      > site, but for now, I'd be interested in getting some feedback on the
      > implementation.

      Looking good, workable. The only thing I'd quibble about is including
      player settings in the feed. playerWidth="461" playerHeight="550"
      aren't much good if I'm subscribed on a device with a 300x400 screen.
      If those are the size of the frames in the media data, that's fine, I
      can scale. It's a nit, but generally it is considerably more useful to
      describe what the data is, rather than what the consumer should do
      with it.

      (maybe this has come up before, bad memory sorry...)

      Cheers,
      Danny.

      --

      http://dannyayers.com
    • Dom Ramsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        In message <1f2ed5cd0502010301656e6406@...>, Danny Ayers
        <danny.ayers@...> writes

        >> This will all be more useful when I introduce tags & groups onto the
        >> site, but for now, I'd be interested in getting some feedback on the
        >> implementation.
        >
        >Looking good, workable. The only thing I'd quibble about is including
        >player settings in the feed. playerWidth="461" playerHeight="550"
        >aren't much good if I'm subscribed on a device with a 300x400 screen.
        >If those are the size of the frames in the media data, that's fine, I
        >can scale. It's a nit, but generally it is considerably more useful to
        >describe what the data is, rather than what the consumer should do
        >with it.

        Yeah, I wasn't sure about that, but wanted a way to show the width and
        height of the full image. Maybe those should be separate attributes of
        media:content, used for the original dimensions of the media, as opposed
        to what size it should 'play' at?

        (And it'd also be nice if My Yahoo would display media:thumbnail) :)

        --
        Dom Ramsey
        http://www.fotothing.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
          > (And it'd also be nice if My Yahoo would display
          > media:thumbnail) :)

          Coming soon.... :-) You can expect My Yahoo to fully
          embrace all that Media RSS has to offer in the near
          future. (once we mostly finalize on the general spec)

          On an unrelated note, I finally have incorporated the
          various comments from people over the last few weeks
          into a new proposal for Media RSS. Nothing too
          terribly crazy, but it'll be posted to the group for
          comments very, very soon. Thanks for the patience.

          -David