Re: CDATA the title and description?

  • Clinton Gallagher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2007
      > > Clinton Gallagher wrote:
      > > So it seems to be a general consensus that CDATA within
      > > the title and the description is widely supported at this
      > > point in time...

      > Jon's 1st reply:
      > Personally, I tend to find it just as handy to escape & and <
      > to & and < (and > to > though in most cases that
      > should be safe ...

      Well Jon, I was thinking of using Regular Expressions to escape
      the characters but a couple of test cases with the latest IE,
      FF and OP browsers showed they do not parse the entities back
      to their respective text characters. What a dilemma!

      At the moment I'm considering doing nothing in the Title, using
      CDATA in the Description and disallow XML in all other elements.