RSS becomes the bridge which will allow to pass to Semantic Web.

  • mishundic
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2006
      Hi!

      I'm sorry for my English; I know that it isn't well, it isn't my
      native language.

      I wish to offer you the new concept of RSS modules:
      In short - the module can be any metadata.

      For example, - thousand sites worldwide specialize on acquaintances.
      We, certainly together with some of these portal owners, develop the
      independent/opened standard on metadata about the offer will get
      acquainted and love.

      We describe this standard per OWL.

      Also it is necessary to declare it official module of RSS 1.0. It's
      necessary for popularization of this new standard.
      For certain, some months later community of programmers will create
      feed creator which will support the new module.
      People will be have an opportunity to store the information about
      the offer will get acquainted (metadata in format RSS) wherever they
      will want it.

      Possible, it will be their homepage, probably they will add these
      metadata in RSS-code of their blogs.
      Probably they will want to store this information on a site of
      acquaintances, if this site will support our module.

      And any programmer can write in some hours RSS-agregator which will
      support the new module.
      And owing to it in some hours there will be the Internet resources
      which will process quickly and free the information on the offer to
      get acquainted around

      the world.

      I think, that there is nothing new in my idea, but it has some
      advantages:

      1. For realization of this idea it is not necessary to invent
      anything. We have RDF and OWL.

      2. Modules will be flexible, becouse we will use ontologies.

      3. RSS becomes the bridge which will allow to pass to Semantic Web.

      Modules RSS will popularize ontologies.

      What for realization of this idea it is necessary RSS?
      RSS 1.0 - the fine tool which now already using in Web. It is
      compatible with RDF, therefore allows to use OWL.

      If any ontology will have the status of RSS-module it will have
      greater popularity.

      Certainly, creations of the module with a metainformation about "the
      offer will get acquainted" is only an example.

      It is similarly possible to create other modules RSS (ontologies).
      To describe metadata about:

      1. Weather forecast

      2. Exchange rates of currencies

      3. Employment, etc.

      The primary goal is not the writing of modules, and a writing of
      rules on which should be described new modules.

      If you will take an interest in my idea, please, communicate with
      me, I wish to take part in this project

      I'm sorry for my English again and again. I badly learned it

      And I hope that you understand this text and my fundamental idea.

      Mihail Zimin