RSS 1.1

  • Sean B. Palmer
    Message 1 of 76 , Jan 18, 2005
      On behalf of an independent group of RSS 1.0 users, I'm pleased to
      announce the following specification and toolset for the consideration
      of RSS-Dev WG members and interested mailing list participants:

      http://inamidst.com/rss1.1/
      - RSS 1.1 Specification

      RSS 1.1 constitutes a bugfix release of RSS 1.0, and focuses on
      evolution along the same path that RSS 1.0 has trod. We have resolved
      the numerous bugs that have been noted on the RSS 1.0 Wiki [1], and
      incorporated sundry changes that reflect recent developments in both RDF
      and syndication thought, as well as other architectural and
      internationalization based changes.

      We've assembled a range of implementations, including an RSS 1.1 feed
      validator; an RSS 1.0 to 1.1, and 1.1 to XHTML converter; a test suite;
      and implementations for Movable Type and Wordpress, all of which are
      linked to from the following guide:

      http://inamidst.com/rss1.1/guide
      - A Rough Guide to RSS 1.1

      Specific typographical corrections may be sent directly to the editors,
      the contact details for whom are in the specification. All other
      feedback should be sent by responding to this thread, or by joining the
      #rss1.1 channel on the irc.freenode.net IRC network.

      Thanks,

      [1] http://internetalchemy.org/wiki/RssIssues

      --
      Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/
    • Roy Flewelling
      Message 76 of 76 , Apr 24, 2005
        Ian Graham <ian.graham@...> wrote:why am i on this list?????????????
        ml_yahoo@... wrote:

        >>Possibly better in any case would be to have the spec hosted
        >>by the W3 as a Note as part of the Semantic Web Activity (I
        >>don't think vocabularies should go the Rec route), assigning
        >>the copyright to the W3.
        >

        > I'm less inclined to support this notion if only to avoid adding yet another
        > layer to the process. It's not a 'bad idea' but not necessarily one that's
        > all that necessary IMHO.
        >
        > -Bill Kearney

        Submitting it as a W3C note might be helpful to communicate the work and
        ideas -- but it doesn't do much beyond that.

        --
        Ian Graham
        H: 416.769.2422 / W: 416.513.5656 / E: