RDF calendar workshop, Bristol, UK, 2002-10-09

  • Libby Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2002
      hi,

      As part of the SWAD-Europe project[1] we are holding a series of
      developer workshops on various topics. The next workshop is going to be
      about the Semantic Web and calendaring, and will be held in Bristol, UK
      on 9th October 2002. Everyone with an interest in RDF and calendaring is
      welcome, although numbers are limited. I'm very interested in an RSS
      point of view as there are lots of interesting ways of using the rss 1.0
      events module, for example.

      Event homepage:
      http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/200210-cal/

      Registration (before 5th October)
      http://cgi.w3.org/Register/selectUser.pl?_w3c_meetingName=swad200210cal

      Aims:
      * to describe usecases for an RDF calendar vocabulary (for example
      compatibility with iCalendar, combining other information
      with calendar information [2], combining with RSS, reasoning, events as
      an idiom for describing how things change over time)
      * to identify an RDF calendar vocabulary for the usecases
      * to identify issues in conversion (for example timezones, repeating
      events, date time formats, simplicity, round tripping from iCalendar)

      cheers

      Libby

      [1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/
      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2002Sep/0014.html