Disclaimer

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
      Bill Kearney doesn't like me. I think we can assume that no matter
      what I say Bill will accuse me of a moral transgression or hypocrisy.
      I can save us all a bunch of time by putting that in my sig, or I can
      stop posting, or Bill can self-edit, recognizing that we're all
      intelligent people and can assume that his pov hasn't changed, until
      further notice. What do you say Bill? Declare this list a de-
      militarized zone? Do your part for peace, love and understanding? The
      only other choice, really, is for me to stop posting again. To me
      that seems like a less than optimal solution. Thanks for listening.
    • Marcus Campbell
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
        Ack. Not specifically replying to this, but it'll do.

        There's no point providing each other with ammo for these type of
        things. There's no reason to bring personalities into a technical
        argument at all. No point in making ultimatums. Someone somewhere has
        to let the other person's inflammatory comments drop. Use a personal
        filter. Take the content, if any, and filter the flames. Be a big boy
        / girl. The archives can hold lonely spiked comments without reponse
        for everyone else to take note of. I reckon we might all be better off
        then. We might be able to move forward, rather than sideways.

        Doesn't anybody operate professional relationships these days? I
        suppose on the Internet, you don't have to... but things would run a
        lot smoother if people did.

      • pw-yahoogroups@thirdfloor.com.au
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
          Dave,
          Just from my brief time on this list I find that everything stays nice
          and civil regardless of personal feelings when some meaty tech bits are
          being discussed.

          Towards that end could you give some of your thoughts on what Sean had
          to say [1] re. the 2.0 spec. He brings up things that make sense to me -
          my #1 peeve is the guid element. I think if some of those points were
          addressed there could well me some middle ground found. Here's hoping
          ;-)

          I'm all for making things as simple as possible but see definite value
          in a prescriptive model for making and documenting extensions as per the
          RSS 1.0 model/spec.

          peterw.

          Peter Wilkinson

          > From: Dave Winer [mailto:dave@...]
          >
          > Bill Kearney doesn't like me. I think we can assume that no matter
          > what I say Bill will accuse me of a moral transgression or hypocrisy.
          > I can save us all a bunch of time by putting that in my sig, or I can
          > stop posting, or Bill can self-edit, recognizing that we're all
          > intelligent people and can assume that his pov hasn't changed, until
          > further notice. What do you say Bill? Declare this list a de-
          > militarized zone? Do your part for peace, love and understanding? The
          > only other choice, really, is for me to stop posting again. To me
          > that seems like a less than optimal solution. Thanks for listening.

        • Leandro Mariano Lopez
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
            Dave, I'm not as intelligent as you most people in this list, I don't
            read all emails because most of them are far away of my knowledge and
            understanding, but I think this list is 'RSS-Dev' and not a space to
            solve personal problems. I think that if you have a problem with X, yo
            should mail X and not the list. I can't think of an honest and
            non-guilty person send an email to the list because somebody say
            something about you. If everybody in this list is smarter as you say,
            you don't need to send a message like this one I'm replying.

            Anyway, I'm just an unexperienced person and this is my opinion.

            Leandro Mariano Lopez
          • Bill Kearney
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
              > Bill Kearney doesn't like me. I think we can assume that no matter
              > what I say Bill will accuse me of a moral transgression or
              > hypocrisy. I can save us all a bunch of time by putting that in
              > my sig, or I can stop posting, or Bill can self-edit, recognizing
              > that we're all intelligent people and can assume that his pov
              > hasn't changed, until further notice. What do you say Bill?
              > Declare this list a de-militarized zone? Do your part for peace,
              > love and understanding? The only other choice, really, is for me
              > to stop posting again. To me that seems like a less than optimal
              > solution. Thanks for listening.

              It already IS a "demilitarized zone". As a duly elected Working
              Group member I'll point you to it's policies and procdures document:

              20Procedures

              Please try to abide by it.

              On a personal level I find the way you carry yourself to be utterly
              contemptable. Your continued attempts at character assassination
              only confirm it.

              But if you've got contributions that further this list's goals then
              by all means contribute.

              -Bill Kearney
            • Morbus Iff
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
                >On a personal level I find the way you carry yourself to be utterly
                >contemptable. Your continued attempts at character assassination
                >only confirm it.

                I really, really wish, monster to monster, that you
                had stopped the email at the paragraph preceding this one.

                --
                Morbus Iff ( i'm the droid you're looking for )
                Please Me: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/25USVJDH68554
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 26, 2002
                  >>On a personal level I find the way you carry yourself to be
                  >>utterly contemptable. Your continued attempts at character
                  >>assassination only confirm it.
                  >
                  > I really, really wish, monster to monster, that you
                  > had stopped the email at the paragraph preceding this one.

                  We differ on that opinion, to be sure. Fortunately the technical
                  discussions can continue otherwise.