Re: [RSS-DEV] Re: Guilt by association?

  • Jeff Barr
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 17, 2002
      Justin says,

      > As for Bill, I've worked with him on Syndic8 for a while and
      > corresponded with him on many matters. He's no monster, and he's not
      > malicious. He's a nice guy, he's full of ideas, and willing to dig
      > in and get the ball rolling. Futhermore, he's willing to engage in
      > actual structured, civil, debate. It's ashame that all this has had
      > to sidetrack him from more important matters

      Seconded! Don't believe what Dave says about Bill, its all a pack of lies.
      I've met Bill in person, he's stayed in my guest room, and he's
      a genuinely good guy.

      > I've never worked with Morbus or had any contact with him, but he
      > seems like a decent guy. Reading his comments in context, I beleive
      > he means to only indicate that he and Dave don't get along. It was a
      > joke, Morbus said as much.

      Back when I used to have time to log in to AIM, Morbus and I had a
      bunch of pleasant conversations. It was clear that he was joking in
      his own patented Morbish way, and no one that had read the rest of his
      immense body of work would have thought otherwise for even a
      second.

      Jeff;
    • funzelkick
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 18, 2002
        "Jeff Barr says I lied about Bill Kearney's message about deathbeds. I
        don't see how Jeff could possibly know."

        Perhaps he made the same expiriences with Dave as I did. Dave lied
        about my emails.

        bye
        -stephan

        --
        http://www.snipsnap.org
      • Ian Davis
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 19, 2002
          On Thursday, 19 September 2002 at 07:47, funzelkick wrote:
          > Perhaps he made the same expiriences with Dave as I did. Dave lied
          > about my emails.
          I would recommend that no-one correspond privately with Dave Winer.
          Whenever I send him email I always copy it to a public archive.

          Ian
        • Bill Kearney
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 19, 2002
            > Seconded! Don't believe what Dave says about Bill, its all a
            > pack of lies. I've met Bill in person, he's stayed in my guest
            > room, and he's a genuinely good guy.

            Why thanks Jeff. I certainly appreciate the kind words. And for
            anyone that's not had the pleasure of meeting Jeff he's a wonderfully
            pleasant guy. Especially for someone that juggles (along with his
            gracious wife Carmen) a family of FIVE children from primary up to
            high school ages. It's been quite fun to converse with him and hear
            the oft-repeated "ooops, gotta run, soccer practice..." and the
            like.

            Since folks might not be clear on how the links are running around,
            they can follow this one to see the infamous 'deathbed' comment:

            -Bill Kearney
          • Jon Hanna
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 20, 2002
              > Since folks might not be clear on how the links are running around,
              > they can follow this one to see the infamous 'deathbed' comment:

              So you in fact expressed a wish that Dave should have a long life. LOL. And
              to think that someone here said I was out of line for suggesting that the
              only point in reading anything he wrote was for laughs.