Re: RSS MIME type - application/rss+xml was: [Re: [RSS-DEV] Which syndication format should I use?]

  • burton@openprivacy.org

      "Jon Hanna" <jon@...> writes:

      > > > By only outstanding gripe with application/rss+xml is that
      > > mozilla doesn't
      > > > support it, but I should check bugzilla rather than moan about
      > > that here :-)
      > > <snip/>
      > >
      > > If you put it into bugzilla poSt the URL here.
      > >
      > > There needs to be a way for people to override this setting so that we can
      > > offload to 3rd party useragents. If they just pipe it into
      > > view-source it will
      > > break all our intentions for this media type and would really be
      > > a Bad Thing.
      >
      > Is it really a bug? It would be great for us if application/rss+xml was
      > recognised, and it will be great to get it registered, but that's our vested
      > interest, not Mozilla's.

      The bug is that it is XML but Moz prompts to download it. The correct behavior
      (IMO) would be to view the XML source.

      > That said any unrecognised MIME-type of format text/*+xml can be treated as
      > text/xml and any other MIME-type of */*+xml can be treated as application/xml
      > - so it is a bug if Mozilla fails to do that.
      <snip/>

      That would be nice!

      Kevin

      - --
      Kevin A. Burton ( burton@..., burton@..., burton@... )
      Jabber - burtonator@..., Web - http://www.peerfear.org/
      GPG fingerprint: 4D20 40A0 C734 307E C7B4 DCAA 0303 3AC5 BD9D 7C4D
      IRC - openprojects.net #infoanarchy | #p2p-hackers | #reptile

      This email has been secured with rot26 encryption; any attempt at circumvention
      is illegal within the US under the DMCA and will be prosecuted to the fullest
      extent of the law.