RSS 0.94/2.0 to RDF converter

  • Sjoerd Visscher
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2002
      Hi,

      I firmly believe that the burdon of semantic cannot be placed on the
      data providers. They don't care (yet), don't want to, or don't get it
      right. So the data providers should use a format that they are most
      comfortable with, and the semantics can then be extracted later.

      In the RSS debate I'm therefore a proponent of RSS 2.0. It's a format
      most weblog programmers will feel comfortable with. And the semantics
      are not lost. They're just not ready to consume. I've tried to put
      together an XSLT convert RSS 0.94/2.0 to RDF:
      http://w3future.com/weblog/2002/09/09.html#a129

      Note that the result is RDF, not RSS 1.0. The advantage of this
      approach is that the RDF file doesn't have to be backwards compatible
      with RSS. So no title, but dc:title etc.

      Let me hear what you think!

      Sjoerd Visscher
      w3future.com