mod_content should support description and content

  • burton@openprivacy.org

      OK.

      One really good thing about mod_content is that it support rich syndication
      (XHTML, SVG, etc).

      One of the problems it has is that this doesn't specify what type of content it
      is.

      Specifically it just assume that this is content.

      What if you wanted to have an XHTML title... or an XHTML description (which is
      what I want to do)?

      I think we need to refactor mod_content to support title, description and
      content.

      Specifically i think we need to add a content:type attribute onto rdf:value so
      that we know what type of content this is (title, description or content).

      So here is an example... It includes an XHTML title, a description a content
      which is longer than the description.

      Does this make sense???

      <content:items>
      <rdf:Bag>
      <rdf:li>
      <content:item>
      <content:format rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" />

      <content:encoding rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#dt-wellformed" />

      <rdf:value content:type="title" rdf:parseType="Literal" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
      This is an XHTML <b>Title</b>.
      </rdf:value>

      <rdf:value content:type="description" rdf:parseType="Literal" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
      </rdf:value>

      <rdf:value content:type="content" rdf:parseType="Literal" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

      And this is also a longer content block...
      </rdf:value>

      </content:item>

      </rdf:li>

      </rdf:Bag>

      </content:items>

      - --
      Kevin A. Burton ( burton@..., burton@..., burtonator@... )
      Jabber - burtonator@..., Web - http://relativity.yi.org/

      [T]he sale of copying equipment, like the sale of other articles of commerce,
      does not constitute contributory infringement if the product is widely used for
      legitimate, unobjectionable purposes. Indeed, it need merely be capable of
      substantial noninfringing uses. The question is thus whether the Betamax is
      capable of commercially significant noninfringing uses. (emphasis added)

      - US Supreme Court ruling in the 1994 Betamax case