[Announcement] Peerkat: Collaborative Aggregation

  • Rael Dornfest
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2001
      Howdy,

      Beginning back in November 2000, I devoted a smidge of my copious free time
      to learning Python via a project I called Peerkat, a P2P version of Meerkat,
      the O'Reilly Network's Open Wire Service[1].

      About 95% to completion, work stalled around January due to lack of
      bandwidth :-\

      Thanks to some prodding following my blog'd mention[2] of the project, I
      found a few moments to put in another 4% and am glad to finally announce
      Peerkat's Open Source availability.

      Peerkat lives at:

      http://www.oreillynet.com/~rael/lang/python/peerkat/

      Screenshots are available at:

      http://www.oreillynet.com/~rael/lang/python/peerkat/screenshots.php

      Note that this is indeed a work in progress and a first attempt at a
      semi-decent sized Python project. Constructive criticism and, even more
      than that, patches ;-) are more than welcomed.

      Enjoy!

      Rael

      [1] http://meerkat.oreillynet.com
      [2] http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/171

      Rael Dornfest
      rael@...
      http://www.oreillynet.com/weblogs/rael/

      "My greatest strength is... common sense.
      I'm really a standard brand--like Campbell's
      tomato soup or Baker's chocolate."
      --Katharine Hepburn