Re: Ximian Red Carpet uses an RSS 1.0 nearly-like

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2001
      Edd Dumbill <edd@...> wrote:

      > For those on RSS-DEV who don't know, Red Carpet is a new GNOME based
      > package installer. For those on Red Carpet list who don't know, RSS 1.0
      > is an XML/RDF application and community-led specification for
      > representing "headline channels" like the News section in Red Carpet.

      Thanks to Edd for helping bring us together. I'd be happy to lend assistance
      in getting Red Carpet up to 1.0 if need be, and we'd be happy to help with
      any problems you might have.

      I hope that we can work together,

      --
      [ Aaron Swartz | me@... | http://www.aaronsw.com ]
    • Rael Dornfest
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2001
        Howdy,

        Kudos to Edd for discovering this common ground!

        I wrote this up in a Weblog at

        http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/183

        A nip and tuck and the odd rdf:about later had an RSS 1.0 version Red
        Carpet's parser shouldn't have any trouble chewing...

        --

        <?xml version="1.0"?>

        <rdf:RDF
        xmlns:rc="http://www.ximian.com/"
        xmlns="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/">

        <channel rdf:about="http://www.ximian.com/news/">
        <title>Ximian Red Carpet News</title>
        <link>http://www.ximian.com/news/</link>
        <description>Ximian Red Carpet News</description>

        <items>
        <rdf:Seq>
        <rdf:li resource="http://www.ximian.com/evolution/" />
        </rdf:Seq>
        </items>

        </channel>

        <item rdf:about="http://www.ximian.com/evolution/">
        <title>Ximian Evolution Snapshots Now Available Through Red
        Carpet</title>
        <link>http://www.ximian.com/evolution/</link>

        <rc:icon>http://redcarpet.ximian.com:8000/evolution-snapshot/common/channel-
        evolution.png</rc:icon>
        <rc:summary>Daily builds of Ximian Evolution and associated libraries
        are now available through Red Carpet.</rc:summary>
        <rc:channel>Evolution Snapshot</rc:channel>
        <rc:date>982708896</rc:date>
        </item>

        </rdf:RDF>

        --

        Anyone from Red Carpet care to give this a whirl?

        Rael