Re: [RSS-DEV] markup in

  • Ken MacLeod
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2001
      kika@... writes:

      > There are 3 options to add description to <item>
      >
      > <description>
      > <dc:description>
      > <rss091:description>
      >
      > Witch of them is best and preferrable to use? First I quess?

      <description> (from the core RSS spec) is the best to use as RSS 0.9
      software will find it there. We wish we could use <dc:description>,
      but alas...

      The rss091 module is designed as an interoperability tool, to give a
      holding place for applications that convert between RSS 0.91 and RSS
      1.0 so the information doesn't get lost or mistranslated, those
      elements should not be used by "new" applications.

      > Does any of them can include HTML markup? (news leads)?

      No, you can't use HTML markup, it must be a plain XML string (PCDATA),
      at least in the core <description>. It's not clear if the others are
      intended to support markup.

      > I quess not ... is it better to use content module for that?

      That could work, although the distinction between <description> and
      content is that the former is a brief description of the item whereas
      the latter *is* the item. If passing the whole content is what you
      want, then that would work very well.

      -- Ken