Meerkat and Dublin Core

  • Rael Dornfest
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22 3:10 AM
      Howdy,

      I've just finished up some work on the next version of Meerkat which will
      sport Dublin Core, both in output and searching capabilities[1]. DC
      elements are incorporated into all flavours, such as the default and RSS 1.0
      views. Soon you'll be able to search RSS 1.0 enabled feeds aggregated by
      Meerkat for all stories by author, publication date, publisher, keywords,
      and so on.

      For screen snaps, point your browser at:
      http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/170

      There's been some mention of late about placing RSS 1.0 enriched
      applications and tools higher on the priority list[2]. While Meerkat has
      actually supported mod_dc for a while now, I've been rather remiss in
      incorporating said functionality into the public-facing bits, now remedied.
      I'll drop another note when the new version is ready for public consumption
      (ETA: the next few days).

      I encourage you to continue your tinkering and share even the unfinished
      bits and bobs every so often.

      Rael

      [1] http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/170

      Rael Dornfest rael@...
      Maven, The O'Reilly Network http://www.oreillynet.com

      The O'Reilly Peer-to-Peer and Web Services Conference
      Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC
      September 17-20, 2001
      http://conferences.oreilly.com/p2p/call_fall.html