Channel Hierarchies

  • peteb@aliaron.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2001
      Hi,

      We've brought up a beta site at http://www.solarpost.com
      that allows hierarchies of channels with associated content
      to be maintained and exported ( 'syndicated' ) in a variety
      of formats ( RSS 1.0, RSS .92, RSS .91, RSS .90, JavaScript,
      WML currently ).

      We'd appreciate your feedback, especially as testing has in
      some cases been minimal.

      To test drive:

      - Register ( sorry - we've tried to make it painless but
      need some way to organize state )
      - Create a channel using the Composer button - mark the
      channel as available for export
      - Create channels and/or items within the channel (
      recursively )
      - Use the channel inspector ( the little hammer icon ) to
      obtain the export URLs
      - Access your channels and content from your favorite WAP
      device, channel player/radio, etc.

      We have found channel hierarchies a useful tool which
      complement both categorization and keywords - especially
      when creating/syndicating an information architecture ( at
      the site, corporate, etc. levels ). You'll see how the URLs
      naturally map to the hierarchy. We have customers who are
      exploiting this to increasingly maintain all site content on
      solarpost.

      Pete