Focus? (was: RDDL Directory)

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 18, 2001
      peteb@... <peteb@...> wrote:

      > This transition would not make my high priority list.

      It's also not very hard to do either.

      > You may want to evaluate focusing ( as a group ) on addressing a real
      > problem ( such as 'syndicating' time-doman ( e.g. 'calendar' )
      > events ) with RSS 1.0. Such an approach would have at least the
      > following benefits:

      Actually, the RDF folks are starting a task force to do this (a portion of
      which will become a calendar module for RSS). For more information, talk to:

      libby.miller@...
      http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/about/staff/libby.html

      > - You could clearly and simply explain what you are doing now

      We are building additional modules for RSS, including categorization,
      content inclusion and more.

      You seem to imply that we lack a focus. I think that isn't true, I think we
      lack time. Many of the WG members are very busy, and just don't have the
      time to dedicate to a project like this. There are hundreds of members on
      this list, but we hardly get any postings or votes.

      I don't know how to solve it, but I'm open to suggestions.

      --
      [ Aaron Swartz | me@... | http://www.aaronsw.com ]