Re: RSS 1.0 - RDF Schema (update)

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2001
      John Punin <puninj@...> wrote:

      > 1) Usually name of RDF classes start with capital letters. I see that
      > channel, image, item and textinput are RDF classes. Why are they not
      > named Channel, Image, Item and Textinput?

      We're maintaining backwards compatibility with an older version that made
      these decisions. We don't have any choice.

      > 2) I thought the "about" attribute was not a qualified attribute so
      > this should be the right syntax:
      > <channel about="http://www.xml.com/xml/news.rss">
      > instead of
      > <channel rdf:about="http://www.xml.com/xml/news.rss">

      The resources cite agree with my belief that the second is correct.

      > 3) I added the domain constraints for the RSS properties in the RDF Schema and
      > I see that "image" and "textinput" are RDF classes and also properties of the
      > "channel" RDF class. I think you should distinguish between them so "Image" is
      > the RDF Class and "image" the RDF property of the "Channel" RDF Class.

      Yes, we are currently unsure of how to do this in a way compatible with RDF
      schema. If we declare the property twice, parsers would just smush the
      declarations together.

      > 4) I added the range constraints for the properties in the RDF Schema and I
      > used rdfs:Literal for most of the properties. Does someone know a good range
      > constraint for URIs? How about: <rdfs:range
      > rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2000/08/XMLSchema/#uriReference"/>

      I was wondering the same my self -- I guess we'll have to wait until DAML
      defines XMLSchema/RDF integration.

      > This is the modified RDF Schema of RSS 1.0 including domains and some range
      > constraints:

      Thanks, I've put it up at: http://logicerror.com/rss-rdf-schema-revised

      Rael, feel free to update the official one.

      --
      [ Aaron Swartz | me@... | http://www.aaronsw.com ]