Re: item_uri/link sub-element

  • Aaron Swartz
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2001
      peteb@... <peteb@...> wrote:

      > Section 5.5 of RSS RC1 indicates, "{item_uri} should be identical to
      > the value of the <link> sub-element of the <item> element, if
      > possible"
      >
      > What is the rationale for the 'if possible' clause ?

      I believe it's the line before that one:

      {item_uri} must be unique with respect to any other rdf:about
      attributes in the RSS document and is a URI which identifies the
      item.

      It's also strongly recommended that item_uri not change, even if the value
      of the link element changes.

      --
      [ Aaron Swartz | me@... | http://www.aaronsw.com ]