[ANN] last call for reviews of PRISM metadata spec (fwd)

  • Dan Brickley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2001
      (I sent this from my w3.org address and it bounced; re-sending --dan)

      Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:16:51 -0800
      From: Ron Daniel <rdaniel@...>
      To: xml-dev@..., www-rdf-interest@...
      Subject: [ANN] last call for reviews of PRISM metadata spec

      Hi,

      The PRISM working group is pleased to announce the 'last call'
      version of our metadata specification. Copies are available from
      http://prismstandard.org/only/lastcalldraft.pdf

      The specification is intended to meet the needs of publishers
      and other organizations who produce and/or disseminate
      information. The PRISM specification uses XML + namespaces,
      RDF, and the Dublin Core namespace. It adds a new namespace
      containing more detailed elements than those from the Dublin
      Core. It also adds namespaces for simple representation of
      controlled vocabularies and for a simple rights & permissions
      language.

      The period for comments closes March 29. Version 1.0 of the
      specification will be released April 9, in conjunction with
      the Seybold conference. Given the short time between the
      close of comments and the initial release, the editors request
      your comments be submitted as early as possible.

      Best regards,

      Ron Daniel Jr.
      Co-chair of PRISM Working Group