7116Re: [RSS-DEV] Re: enclosure status? (MRSS)

  • Lucas Gonze
    Apr 8, 2005
      On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Vadim Zaliva wrote:
      > --- In rss-dev@yahoogroups.com, Lucas Gonze <lgonze@p...> wrote:
      >
      >> Are there others? Let's work through practical benefits of a more
      > generic
      >> mechanism.
      >
      > 0. Photographs
      > 1. Various software/firmware updates
      > 2. PDF documents

      I'm not asking about document types, I'm asking about applications. Why
      would you distribute these via RSS enclosures?

      Photographs, for example, could just be links with HTML item content.
      What purpose does it serve for the user to have them in a roped-off area
      like an enclosure element?

      - Lucas
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic