7111Re: [RSS-DEV] Re: enclosure status?

  • Lucas Gonze
    Apr 8, 2005
      On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Suzan Foster wrote:
      > My proposal has been updated since with input from this group. See [1]
      > for the most up to date version. The namespace uri dereferences to an
      > rdf schema [2], and can also be found at
      > schemaweb [3].

      > [1] http://www.xs4all.nl/~foz/mod_enclosure.html

      This is beautifully terse. I have three suggestions:

      I could clarify the meaning of the type using the definition from HTML[1]:
      " This attribute gives an advisory hint as to the content type of the
      content available at the link target address. It allows user agents to opt
      to use a fallback mechanism rather than fetch the content if they are
      advised that they will get content in a content type they do not support.
      Authors who use this attribute take responsibility to manage the risk
      that it may become inconsistent with the content available at the link
      target address.
      For the current list of registered content types, please consult
      [MIMETYPES]."

      I would add the same verbiage with s/type/length/g for the
      length, and I would add a formal definition of enc:length as an XML Schema
      nonNegativeInteger[2]

      [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#edef-LINK
      [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dt-nonNegativeInteger
      [MIMETYPES] List of registered content types (MIME types). Download a list
      of registered content types from
      ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/.

      - Lucas
    • Show all 39 messages in this topic